The Walt Disney World Railroad in Disney's Magic Kingdom has been closed now since December…
What everyone wants to know is: “What rides and attractions are open in Disney World now that the parks have opened back up?”
We’ve now had some time to visit the parks since reopening, and this list will give you some insight into what we can expect to experience when you visit Walt Disney World. In this post we have the Full List of Disney World Attractions, Entertainment and Shopping that are currently open and what’s missing still..
Make sure to read our Walt Disney World Reopening Guide for more info on everything else you need to know before visiting.
(NEWS 4/22/21) Festival of the Lion King Returning to Animal Kingdom
Great news for the Disney World theme parks as recently Disney announced that the “Festival of the Lion King” at the Animal Kingdom is returning in Summer 2021.
Now, we are getting closer to an actual reopening date at Disney World President Jeff Vahle has shared that the show will debut in mid-May! That’s only a short amount of time from now!
Disney is already in the process of getting performers involved with the show up to speed. Jeff Vahle show a behind the scenes look at the cast rehearsals including the performers, technicians for this show.
When the Festival of the Lion King returns, it will be presented in a modified format at the Harambe Theatre. The show will have a new title “A Celebration of The Festival of the Lion King,” signifying the slightly reduced show guests will see.
Adjustments will be made both on the stage and backstage including updates to the choreography of the show to allow for proper physical distancing.
Seating for the audience will also be adjusted as is the case with other theater experiences throughout the resort.
All of the hit songs from the Festival of the Lion King will be back such as “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King,” “Be Prepared,” “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” and “Circle of Life”
Entertainment options have been slim since July when the parks reopened so it’s highly encouraging to see one of the most popular shows in Disney World coming back. Just being back with Simba and friends is another step back to normalcy.
Disney has indicated that this will be just one of the entertainment options coming back to Walt Disney World and more shows both at the Animal Kingdom and other parks should be coming shortly after.
The “Festival of the Lion King” does not have an opening date at this time but we will update you as soon as it is announced.
Disney Plans on Brining Back Canceled Entertainment & Shows
You probably have already heard of the dozens of Disney World shows and entertainment that were canceled over the last few months and all the layoffs that occurred from that.
Some good news may be coming however, as Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products, Josh D’Amaro, recently said that Disney is planning on brining back the canceled shows and entertainment.
Canceled shows include favorites like Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo – The Musical, and the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue.
This would be huge news and a big boost to the parks since almost all the Disney World stage shows and street performers have been closed or laid-off indefinitely.
D’Amaro didn’t give a timeline for when they are planning on brining back those shows, and he didn’t guarantee that all of the currently closed shows will come back. He also confirmed Disney will continue to introduce new entertainment to the parks as well.
Whatever the case, it is encouraging to hear some of our favorites will indeed be coming back when the time is right. Stay tuned as we keep you updated on this story.
List of Open Disney World Attractions, Entertainment, and Shopping
REMEMBER: This list of attractions can change as the reopening moves ahead. Some missing attractions will eventually be added, but some might get removed too. So far this is the official list.
Disney’s Magic Kingdom Reopened July 11, 2020.
- “it’s a small world”
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Hall of Presidents
- The Haunted Mansion
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Main Street Philharmonic
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing along the parade route—which will include:
- The Royal Princess Processional
- Mickey & Friends Cavalcade
- Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade
- A Goofy Cavalcade
- Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure
- Arribas Brothers
- Baby Care
- Big Al’s
- Box Office Gifts
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Photos
- Crystal Arts
- Fantasy Faire
- Hundred Acre Goods
- Island Supply by Sunglass Hut
- Main Street Confectionery
- Memento Mori
- Mickey’s Star Traders
- Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar
- Rubio Arts
- Sir Mickey’s
- Splashdown Photos
- Strollers & Wheelchairs
- The Chapeau
- Tomorrowland Light & Power Co.
- TTC Cart / Wheelchairs
- Uptown Jewelers & Cinema
- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
- Main Street Vehicles
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
- Happily Ever After
- Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Let the Magic Begin
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
- Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party
The majority of attractions are open in the Magic Kingdom with two being inside attractions with shows where large groups gather.
We knew that no parades or fireworks shows would be reopening during the reopening phase, and that extended to all shows in front of the castle including the Let the Magic Begin show at the park opening and Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire.
Character Cavalcades however are present throughout the day and give guests a great opportunity to still see their favorite characters, even if it’s not in the traditional way they are used to.
More Reading: Best Magic Kingdom Rides & Attractions Guide
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reopened July 11, 2020.
- Affection Section
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Discovery Island Trails
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Maharajah Trail
- Na’vi River Journey
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
- The Oasis Exhibits
- TriceraTop Spin
- Wilderness Explorers
- Wildlife Express
- Character Cruises throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing in boats around Discovery River—including the following:
- Discovery River Character Cruise
- Discovery Island Drummers
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!
- Mickey & Friends Flotilla
- Animal Encounters: Winged Encounters – The Kingdom Takes Flight
- Africa Hub Cart
- African Heritage Wood Carving
- Baby Care
- Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures
- Discovery Trading Company
- Garden Gate Gifts & Strollers
- Kilimanjaro Safari Cart
- Mandala Gifts
- Mombasa Marketplace
- Out Of The Wild
- Serka Zong Bazaar
- The Dino Institute Shop
- The Boneyard
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Primeval Whirl (Permanently Closed)
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure
- Rivers of Light: We Are One
- Tree of Life Awakenings
Not too many surprises at the Animal Kingdom. Finding Nemo – The Musical and Festival of the Lion King are both indoor shows, so that makes sense not to have them running at this time.
Consistent across all parks in the lack of nighttime entertainment, and “Rivers of Life: We Are One” has been shelved for now, along with the Tree of Life Awakenings.
- More Reading: Best Animal Kingdom Rides & Attractions Guide
EPCOT Reopened July 15, 2020.
- Awesome Planet
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
- Canada Far and Wide
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Friendship Lagoon Boats
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Impressions de France
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Kidcot (modified)
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE
- Reflections of China
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The American Adventure
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience
- America Gardens Theatre Presents… featuring popular EPCOT performers such as:
- Mariachi Cobre
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, featuring favorite Disney friends traveling around World Showcase promenade—including:
- Frozen Promenade
- Mickey & Friends World Tour
- Princess Promenade
- African Heritage
- Arribas Brothers
- Art of Disney
- Baby Care
- Canada Cart
- China Kiosk
- Disney Traders
- Galerie Des Halles
- Gateway Gifts
- Glas Und Porcellan
- Karamell Kuche
- La Bottega Italiana
- Mexico Indoor Plaza
- Mission: SPACE Cargo
- Mouse Gear Temporary Location
- Pin Traders – Camera Center
- Port of Entry
- Puffin’s Roost
- Sea Base Alpha Gift Shop
- Strollers & Wheelchairs
- Tea Caddy
- Test Track Simporium
- Wood Carver
- World Traveler
- Advanced Training Lab
- Bruce’s Shark World
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- EPCOT Forever
- Many of the popular EPCOT performers throughout World Showcase
Again, all the big E-Ticket attractions in EPCOT have reopened. Turtle Talk with Crush is the biggest attraction to remain closed, again following the theme of indoor shows and guests in tight quarters.
- Read our Best EPCOT Rides Guide for a more detailed look at all the attractions in the park, which ones are must-do and which ones to skip.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Reopened July 15, 2020.
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
- Toy Story Mania!
- Vacation Fun (at Mickey Shorts Theater)
- Walt Disney Presents
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with favorite Disney friends appearing along Hollywood Boulevard—including:
- Disney Junior Stars Motorcade
- Mickey & Friends Motorcade
- Pixar Motorcade
- Celebrity 5 & 10
- Crossroads of the World
- Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
- Droid Depot Experience
- Droid Depot Store
- In Character
- Legends of Hollywood
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Mickey’s Of Hollywood
- Movieland Memorabilia
- Once Upon A Time
- Sid Cahuenga’s One-of-a-Kind
- Rock Around The Shop
- Rubio Arts
- Savi’s Workshop – Build Your Own Lightsaber
- Strollers & Wheelchairs
- Tatooine Traders
- The Market
- Tower Hotel Gifts
- Toy Story Mania Shop
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Citizens of Hollywood
- Disney Junior Dance Party
- Disney Movie Magic
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
- Wonderful World of Animation
Of all the parks, Hollywood Studios has been hit the hardest with closed attractions and entertainment. Hollywood Studios is missing 4 huge crowd-eaters in Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Sing-Along, Indiana Jones and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
I honestly don’t get why the Mickey Shorts Theater, Walt Disney Presents and MuppetVision can all be open, but the rest of the indoor shows can’t. At least keep the outdoor shows.
Even before the closure the Studios had big problems with capacity and not having enough attractions to eat the giant crowds that came for Rise of the Resistance. Judging by how quickly Hollywood Studios park reservations are selling out, that is going to still be an issue.
Hollywood Studios is extremely top-heavy right now and has the best E-Ticket attractions in Disney World, but not much else. Depending on how many people are allowed in the park, Hollywood Studios is going to be the most problematic and an even bigger nightmare to tour after the reopening.
- Read our Best Hollywood Studios Rides Guide for a more detailed look at all the attractions in the park, which ones are must-do and which ones to skip.
Overall I’d say the 4 parks have a pretty good lineup of attractions with all the BIG ones reopening in July. Entertainment is obviously light with no fireworks and way fewer shows, but that was to be expected given the circumstances.
While we are sad not to have any of the character meets or parades in the parks at this time, to make up for it, look for the various Character Cavalcades that make their way through the parks, giving guests a chance to greet the Disney characters from a safe distance.
Stay tuned for more changes to the Disney World reopening attractions and entertainment list.
If you want the latest Disney World Reopening Updates don’t forget to sign up for our FREE Weekly E-Mail Newsletter. You can sign up here: Join our E-Mail Newsletter
I want to know what you think about the list of Disney World attractions reopening with the parks…
- Which attraction are you most looking forward to riding?
- What is missing from the list you are most upset about?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂