What everyone wants to know is: “What rides and attractions are open in Disney World now that the parks have opened back up?”
We’ve now had some time to visit the parks since reopening, and this list will give you some insight into what we can expect to experience when you visit Walt Disneey World. In this post we have the Full List of Disney World Attractions, Entertainment and Shopping that are currently open and what’s missing still..
Make sure to read our Walt Disney World Reopening Guide for more info on everything else you need to know before visiting.
(NEWS 8/25/20): Unknown When Disney World Shows Returning to Parks
Since the Disney World theme parks reopened, one big thing has been missing…shows. The Actors’ Equity Association, who are the performers in many of the Disney World shows, have come to an agreement with Disney to return to work after a long hiatus.
While this would seem to mean that we will finally be getting some more entertainment options back into the theme parks, the situation isn’t so cut and dry and cast member furlough extensions leave us wondering when the shows are coming back.
The Actors’ Equity Association is a labor union that represents over 51,000 professional actors, stage managers, and performers and they have been in talks with Disney since June about getting adequate testing on-site for its members. Providing a safe workplace for its members has been a sticking point in the negotiations.
Kate Shindle, President of Actors’ Equity Association said:
“We have been consistent that testing is an important part of ensuring a safe workplace for Equity performers, and today, I’m pleased to see that Disney World has agreed. With the news that Disney will make testing available for Equity performers and others in the park, I’m happy to announce that Equity’s executive committee has signed a memorandum of understanding with Disney for Equity performers to return.”
A large part of Disney World performers are part of the union and are responsible for shows such as: “Festival of The Lion King,” “Finding Nemo: The Musical,” and “Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage.”
We still don’t have any dates for when these shows might open back up in the parks, and with the latest announcement that Disney is extending the furlough period for many cast members, things continue to remain unclear.
Right now, thousands of cast members are being notified of an extended furlough which may last through November or even beyond.
While Disney reaching an agreement with the labor union is certainly encouraging news, it looks like we are going to have to wait a bit longer to see some of our favorite entertainment returning to the parks.
List of Open Disney World Attractions, Entertainment, and Shopping
REMEMBER: This list of attractions can change as the reopening moves ahead. Some missing attractions will eventually be added, but some might get removed too. So far this is the official list.
Disney’s Magic Kingdom Reopened July 11, 2020.
- “it’s a small world”
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Jungle Cruise
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Hall of Presidents
- The Haunted Mansion
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Main Street Philharmonic
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing along the parade route—which will include:
- The Royal Princess Processional
- Mickey & Friends Cavalcade
- Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade
- A Goofy Cavalcade
- Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure
- Arribas Brothers
- Baby Care
- Big Al’s
- Box Office Gifts
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Photos
- Crystal Arts
- Fantasy Faire
- Hundred Acre Goods
- Island Supply by Sunglass Hut
- Main Street Confectionery
- Memento Mori
- Mickey’s Star Traders
- Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar
- Rubio Arts
- Sir Mickey’s
- Splashdown Photos
- Strollers & Wheelchairs
- The Chapeau
- Tomorrowland Light & Power Co.
- TTC Cart / Wheelchairs
- Uptown Jewelers & Cinema
- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
- Main Street Vehicles
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Happily Ever After
- Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Let the Magic Begin
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
- Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party
The majority of attractions are open in the Magic Kingdom with two being inside attractions with shows where large groups gather.
We knew that no parades or fireworks shows would be reopening during the reopening phase, and that extended to all shows in front of the castle including the Let the Magic Begin show at the park opening and Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire.
Character Cavalcades however are present throughout the day and give guests a great opportunity to still see their favorite characters, even if it’s not in the traditional way they are used to.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reopened July 11, 2020.
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Discovery Island Trails
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Maharajah Trail
- Na’vi River Journey
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
- The Oasis Exhibits
- TriceraTop Spin
- Wilderness Explorers
- Wildlife Express
- Character Cruises throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing in boats around Discovery River—including the following:
- Discovery River Character Cruise
- Discovery Island Drummers
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!
- Mickey & Friends Flotilla
- Animal Encounters: Winged Encounters – The Kingdom Takes Flight
- Africa Hub Cart
- African Heritage Wood Carving
- Baby Care
- Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures
- Discovery Trading Company
- Garden Gate Gifts & Strollers
- Kilimanjaro Safari Cart
- Mandala Gifts
- Mombasa Marketplace
- Out Of The Wild
- Serka Zong Bazaar
- The Dino Institute Shop
- Affection Section
- The Boneyard
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Primeval Whirl
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure
- Rivers of Light: We Are One
- Tree of Life Awakenings
Not too many surprises at the Animal Kingdom. Finding Nemo – The Musical and Festival of the Lion King are both indoor shows, so that makes sense not to have them running at this time.
Consistent across all parks in the lack of nighttime entertainment, and “Rivers of Life: We Are One” has been shelved for now, along with the Tree of Life Awakenings.
EPCOT Reopened July 15, 2020.
- Awesome Planet
- Canada Far and Wide
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Friendship Lagoon Boats
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Impressions de France
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Kidcot (modified)
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE
- Reflections of China
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The American Adventure
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience
- America Gardens Theatre Presents… featuring popular EPCOT performers such as:
- Mariachi Cobre
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, featuring favorite Disney friends traveling around World Showcase promenade—including:
- Frozen Promenade
- Mickey & Friends World Tour
- Princess Promenade
- African Heritage
- Arribas Brothers
- Art of Disney
- Baby Care
- Canada Cart
- China Kiosk
- Disney Traders
- Galerie Des Halles
- Gateway Gifts
- Glas Und Porcellan
- Karamell Kuche
- La Bottega Italiana
- Mexico Indoor Plaza
- Mission: SPACE Cargo
- Mouse Gear Temporary Location
- Pin Traders – Camera Center
- Port of Entry
- Puffin’s Roost
- Sea Base Alpha Gift Shop
- Strollers & Wheelchairs
- Tea Caddy
- Test Track Simporium
- Wood Carver
- World Traveler
- Advanced Training Lab
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
- Bruce’s Shark World
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- EPCOT Forever
- Many of the popular EPCOT performers throughout World Showcase
Again, all the big E-Ticket attractions in EPCOT are reopening July 15. Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along and Turtle Talk with Crush are the two biggest ones to remain closed, again following the theme of indoor shows.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Reopened July 15, 2020.
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
- Toy Story Mania!
- Vacation Fun (at Mickey Shorts Theater)
- Walt Disney Presents
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with favorite Disney friends appearing along Hollywood Boulevard—including:
- Disney Junior Stars Motorcade
- Mickey & Friends Motorcade
- Pixar Motorcade
- Celebrity 5 & 10
- Crossroads of the World
- Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
- Droid Depot Experience
- Droid Depot Store
- In Character
- Legends of Hollywood
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Mickey’s Of Hollywood
- Movieland Memorabilia
- Once Upon A Time
- Sid Cahuenga’s One-of-a-Kind
- Rock Around The Shop
- Rubio Arts
- Strollers & Wheelchairs
- Tatooine Traders
- The Market
- Tower Hotel Gifts
- Toy Story Mania Shop
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Frozen Sing-Along
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Citizens of Hollywood
- Disney Junior Dance Party
- Disney Movie Magic
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
- Wonderful World of Animation
Of all the parks, Hollywood Studios has been hit the hardest with closed attractions and entertainment. Hollywood Studios is missing 4 huge crowd-eaters in Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Sing-Along, Indiana Jones and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
I honestly don’t get why the Mickey Shorts Theater, Walt Disney Presents and MuppetVision can all be open, but the rest of the indoor shows can’t. At least keep the outdoor shows.
Even before the closure the Studios had big problems with capacity and not having enough attractions to eat the giant crowds that came for Rise of the Resistance. Judging by how quickly Hollywood Studios park reservations are selling out, that is going to still be an issue.
Hollywood Studios is extremely top-heavy right now and has the best E-Ticket attractions in Disney World, but not much else. Depending on how many people are allowed in the park, Hollywood Studios is going to be the most problematic and an even bigger nightmare to tour after the reopening.
Overall I’d say the 4 parks have a pretty good lineup of attractions with all the BIG ones reopening in July. Entertainment is obviously light with no fireworks and way fewer shows, but that was to be expected given the circumstances.
While we are sad not to have any of the character meets or parades in the parks at this time, to make up for it, look for the various Character Cavalcades that make their way through the parks, giving guests a chance to greet the Disney characters from a safe distance.
Stay tuned for more changes to the Disney World reopening attractions and entertainment list.
If you want the latest Disney World Reopening Updates don’t forget to sign up for our FREE Weekly E-Mail Newsletter. You can sign up here: Join our E-Mail Newsletter
I want to know what you think about the list of Disney World attractions reopening with the parks…
- Which attraction are you most looking forward to riding?
- What is missing from the list you are most upset about?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂