It’s an exciting week in Disney’s Hollywood Studios as one of its new attractions for 2019 opens up later this week. Even though most of the work is being done inside, today we take a look at some of the signs for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy outside the building.
We recently got a look at the technology behind Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy and what it’s going to be like, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with it. The 200-ft screen was awesome looking, and so it the Lightning McQueen figure inside for the show.
Thanks as always to @Bioreconstruct who get incredible photos around the parks, especially the aerial ones from up high!
Just last week Disney announced that Cruz Ramirez is going to be outside Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy in a new character meet and greet spot, and not just Cruz, but also DJ is bringing the party with him too…a Dance party.
Looking from above we can see the area where the Cruz Ramirez meet and greet will be along with DJ’s Dance party:
Even though I’m not a huge Cars fan, Radiator Springs in California Adventure is one of my favorite themed lands, and while this won’t be that at all, having the Cars characters in the parks and a new attraction based on them is a good thing.
Here’s a sneak peak at DJ’s dance party:
Now let’s look at the signs which are now up outside the attraction:
I’m not sure if it is finished yet, but it looks like a little something could be missing from the top. We’ll have to see if they add anything between now and the opening.
Our Construction Progress page for Walt Disney World has even more updates on all the projects going on around Disney World so check it out!
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy opens May 1, 2019 in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Other Disney World Construction Updates:
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Construction Update (March 2019) – Work on the Front Facade
- Disney Skyliner Update (March 2019) – More Testing and Station Progress
- Star Wars Hotel Update (March 2019) – First Foundation Pour for Buildings
- Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Update (March 2019) – New Spaceship Areas Installed
- TRON Roller Coaster Update (March 2018) – Staging Area for Coaster Track Set Up
- Illuminations Fireworks Replacement Epcot (March 2019) – Construction on Islands and Underwater in World Showcase Lagoon
I want to know what you think about Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy progress…
- Are you excited for this attraction?
- Are you happy they are putting more Cars in the parks?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂