Better get those rides in soon because the Disney World Friendship Boats are closing for…
As we told you back in April, the Friendship Boats which normally carry guests from the Swan and Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk Resorts to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios are not running as work is being done to the Friendship Boat dock and the bridge leading there. The boats haven’t been running since early May but progress is coming along on the refurbishment.
In these latest construction photos from @Bioreconstruct on Twitter, we can see the work being done to both areas. Above you can see the dock at the Swan and Dolphin Resort and below you see the bridge leading there:
The Friendship Boats are expected to be closed through May 25 and reopen on May 26. The pedestrian path over the bridge will remain open, but he waterway will be closed, meaning you’ll have 1 of 2 options: 1. Walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios or 2. Take one of the Disney Buses which will remain in service.
Check out the Full List of Disney World Refurbishments and Ride Closures to see what else is being worked on.
Don’t forget to check out my latest Disney World Construction Updates including:
- Disney Skyliner – Construction Update May 2018
- Toy Story Land – Slinky Dog Dash Testing 3 Trains Simultaneously
- Disney Springs – Construction Started on New Pedestrian Bridge
- Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge – Construction Update May 2018
- Hollywood Studios Parking Lot Expansion – Recently Paved Area Adds a Third More in Size
I want to know what you think about the Friendship Boats Dock and Bridge under refurbishment
- Do you use the Friendship Boats often?
- What transportation will you take to those parks now?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
Photo Credit: @Bioreconstruct