Last October when Disney announced it was going to be allowing guests to bring their dogs to some Walt Disney World hotels, literally half the internet lost their minds. It looked like this program was coming to a finish but confirming what we learned weeks ago, Disney has announced that Walt Disney World is going to permanently allow dogs in some hotels.
There will be 4 Walt Disney World Hotels allowing dogs in the guest rooms and they are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort
These hotels will have specific dog-friendly sections and rooms where the dogs will be permitted. If you want to stay away from dog-friendly areas you can request it upon check-in. So even though specific areas of the hotels will allow dogs, it shouldn’t be a big problem for guests not wanting to stay near them.
Guests will have to make sure they adhere to Walt Disney World Resort Hotel policies for dogs which includes:
- Registering their pet at the front desk
- Making sure their dog has proper care and behavior
- Keeping the dog on a leash at all times in public spaces
- Provide vaccination records for the animal
The price to bring your dog will be $50 per night ($75 for the Yacht Club) which will cover the cleaning fees in taking care of the room. During the test phase of this pet-friendly program about 250 rooms were used and it’s not yet known if that number will change.
As soon as Disney confirms we’ll let you know as well as any other details…
I want to know what you think about Walt Disney World permanently allowing dogs in some hotels….
- Are you happy about the arrangement?
- What can be done to make it successful?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂