With Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge right around the corner, Disney has announced a massive price increase for Walt Disney World Annual Passes, with the new prices going into effect starting today. This is no small jump with prices increasing by as much as $200+ per ticket.
We just got some smaller increases on the annual passes back in October, and now a much bigger one with guests holding the Platinum and Platinum Plus levels seeing the biggest jump in price, especially for residents living outside of the state of Florida.
We’re going to breakdown all the details surrounding this latest Walt Disney World annual pass price increase, who it affects and how much each group of annual pass costs now after the change.
These are the new prices for Walt Disney World Annual Passes, before tax:
Disney Platinum Plus Pass:
- Disney Platinum Plus Pass (Out of State Residents): was $994, now $1219 – (+$225 in price)
- Disney Platinum Plus Pass (Florida Residents): was $849, now $999 – (+$150 in price)
This is the highest Walt Disney World annual pass you can buy and gives you the most access possible. There are no restrictions or blockout dates so you can visit all 4 theme parks when you want. There are all sorts of other perks like free parking, 20% discount on select merchandise and dining, Disney PhotoPass, admission to both water parks, green fees for Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course, ESPN Wide World of Sports and more…
Disney Platinum Pass:
- Disney Platinum Pass (Out of State Residents): was $894, now $1119 – (+$225 in price)
- Disney Platinum Pass (Florida Residents): was $749, now $899 – (+$150 in price)
This is the next step down in Disney World Annual Passes and include everything the Platinum Plus ticket has except admission to the water parks, Oak Trail Golf Course and ESPN Wide World of Sports
Disney Gold Pass:
- Disney Gold Pass (Florida Residents and DVC Members Only): was $609, now $699 – (+$90 in price)
The Disney Gold Pass is your next step down with a few blackout dates but still over 250+ days of admission to the Walt Disney World theme parks. It also includes, standard parking, Disney PhotoPass, up to 20% off select merchandise and dining, and more…
Disney Sliver Pass:
- Disney Silver Pass (Florida Residents Only): was $479, now $519 (+$40 in price)
Similar to the Disney Gold Pass, the Disney Silver Pass is only for Florida residents and gives you a few more days of admission to the Disney World theme parks with over 300+ days of admission to the Walt Disney World theme parks. It also includes, standard parking, Disney PhotoPass, up to 20% off select merchandise and dining, and more…
Other Disney World Annual Passes:
- Disney Theme Park Select Pass: now $439 – (No Change in Price)
- Disney Weekday Select Pass: was $319, now $349 – (+$30 in price)
- Epcot After 4 Annual Pass: was $289, now $309 – (+$20 in price)
- Water Parks Annual Pass: was $130, now $139 – (+$10 in price)
- Water Parks After 2 Annual Pass: was $79, now $89 – (+$10 in price)
Check the Walt Disney World Annual Pass page for more info…
Ziggy Knows Disney is proudly partnered with Show You the World Travel who will be happy to help you find the right package for you. Rene Cittadino and her team of Disney travel experts will take care of all your Walt Disney World travel needs.
Click the link to find out more information and get a free quote on your Walt Disney World vacation!
I want to know what you think about the big price increase for Walt Disney World Annual Passes…
- How big of a deal is a $200+ increase to you?
- Does this affect your decision to get an Annual Pass?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂