The debut of Star Wars: The Last Jedi is only a month away right now,…
If you thought that Star Wars Galactic Nights was a one-time-a-year event then guess again because it’s coming back! Since it has been such a big hit, Disney is bringing the Star Wars Galactic Nights back in May for a special event. If you don’t know what the event is, it’s my favorite ticketed nighttime event in any of the Disney Parks, and Galactic Nights celebrates everything Star Wars with exclusive merchandise, photo opportunities, character encounters, a light projections show and more.
This is a Star Wars fan’s dream, and it’s all happening May 27th, from 7pm – Midnight.
Here’s just a sample of some of the things we’re looking forward to this time:
- Star Wars: Galactic Destinations Projections Transform The Hollywood Tower Hotel– Hands down the best part of Galactic Nights are the projections on the Tower of Terror on Sunset Boulevard. Watch the Hollywood Tower Hotel transform using stunning projection technology to showcase familiar locations from across the galaxy. Favorite film moments, special effects, lighting, and of course the stellar Star Warscinematic score supports each galactic location moment all night long. Star Wars Galactic Destinations is currently an event exclusive.
- Existing Star Wars Entertainment Will Debut New Enhancements – The park’s existing Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both debut new saga elements for the first time during Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
- Special Photo Ops – This was one of my favorite parts from the last Galactic Nights event. You can step right into immersive and iconic scenes from your favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations. These special photo ops will only be available during Star Wars: Galactic Nights
- Character Encounters – Meet Star Wars characters from throughout the galaxy. Guests will also be able to view an Imperial Stormtrooper March with Darth Vader.
- Exclusive Food & Beverage offerings – Try lots of Star Wars inspired food and beverage offerings made just for Galactic Nights. These treats come from the stories and iconic characters of Star Wars, these tasting-sized sips and bites bring a delectable addition to this event.
- Enjoy park attractions – Of course most of the attractions in Disney’s Hollywood Studio will be open, and it’s a great time to ride as most guests will be preoccupied with the Star Wars stuff you might get a chance to almost walk-on to some of the parks’ most popular attractions. And look out for some of them putting a special “Star Wars twist” on things!
I can’t wait for this Star Wars Galactic Nights event in May and I can see this becoming a semi-annual event from now on. Disney hasn’t given any prices yet but for the last Galactic Nights event in December tickets were $129 plus tax for adults, $124 plus tax for ages 3-9, so they should be similar this time around too. We’ll let you know as soon as we have more information regarding ticket prices and when tickets go on sale. See you there!
I want to know what you think about a Star Wars Galactic Nights Special Event Coming in May. Have you been to Galactic Nights before? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments section below! 🙂
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog