As you might know the 30th Anniversary celebration of Disney’s Hollywood Studios is coming up on May 1, 2019, and with it Disney is going to be highlighting the past, present, and the new, exciting future of the park which should look quite different by the end of the year.
Here are some of the details for the celebration you can expect to find on May 1st:
- View a Star Studded Celebration – A Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Star-Studded Celebration cavalcade starring Mickey and friends will step off at 10 a.m. and will head down Hollywood Blvd.
- Pick Up a Commemorative 30th Anniversary Guide Map & Button – Guests entering the park can grab a special 30th anniversary commemorative guide map and button.
Debut of “Wonderful World of Animation” – The park’s exciting new nighttime projection show is debuting on May 1. This nighttime spectacular will magically transform the Chinese Theater into a thrilling tribute to animation.
It displays themes like magic, family, adventure, romance and friendship. Each theme is brought to life by displaying some of the highlights of classic Disney films like “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Incredibles,” “Coco” and many more.
“Wonderful World of Animation” debuts at 9:05 p.m. ET. It will then be followed by the normal “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show.
- Grab Exclusive 30th Anniversary Merchandise – Some of the special 30th anniversary merchandise includes: will be unveiled on May 1, including a
- new adult T-shirt
- baseball cap
- Tervis 24-oz tumbler
- and much more…
- There will also be special Annual Passholder merchandise with items made only for them.
Here is a look at some of the merchandise:
- Merchandise will be available at 8 a.m. in Grand Park. If you are interested then I’d make a run there immediately as most of the good stuff will go right away.
- Taste Special Food & Beverage Items – A slew of special anniversary food & beverage items will be available throughout the park, including:
- Kylo Ren Cupcakes,
- Incredibles Macarons,
- Tres Leches Verrine
- and many more.
If you want to stay late for the 30th anniversary fun, you can still get tickets for the special Disney After Hours Event that night. Experience all your favorite Hollywood Studios attractions with zero-little wait times including: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Toy Story Land attractions and more.
There will also be some special Disney characters out in the park that night greeting guests in the Chinese Theatre Courtyard, at Star Wars Launch Bay and other locations. There will also be a special encore performance of “Wonderful World of Animation” taking place exclusively for event attendees.
Stay tuned here at ZiggyKnowsDisney.com for more details on the Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Celebration!
I want to know what you think about the details for Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Celebration…
- Are you going?
- What part are you most looking forward to?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
News Source: Disney Parks Blog