As if we didn’t have enough good news around Disney Springs with the opening of STK Orlando today and with the millions of other delicious eateries that opened up about 1 1/2 weeks ago, now we are getting some more info about the menu at Frontera Cocina.
This new authentic Mexican restaurant is the brainchild of Chef Rick Bayless of Bravo TV’s “Top Chef Masters,” and who has highly rated National Public Television Series, “Mexico–One Plate at a Time.”
The restaurant has shared with our friends over at WDWMagic. what we can expect to see when Frontera opens up.
Some of the highlights to me are:
- Chips and Salsa (I’m sure they will be made in house)
- Bacon Guacamole (that’s right..read it again!)
- Tortilla Soup (with jack cheese, onions, tortilla strips and lime with chicken)
- Coctel “Verde or Rojo” ( blue shrimp, scallops in a verde or rojo salsa, with lime and avocado)
- Queso Fundito (Cheesy fondue goodness with onions and roasted poblanos)
- Red Chile Chicken Enchilladas (braised chipotle chicken, jack cheese and crispy onions
- Carnitas (slow cooked pork shoulder with garlic lime, cotija cheese, re-fried black beans, guacamole, red onions and salsa verde)
- Shrimp Mojo de Ajo (blue shrimp in a slow cooked garlic, chicken broth, olive oil, lime and chipotle
- Carne Asada (natural Black Angus Steak, re-fried black beans with cotija cheese, carmalized plantains with queso and tomatillo salsa)
- And a vast selection of Tacos and Tortas
Deserts include: Pecan Pie Bar, Plantano Sundae and Coconut Lime Quattro Leches
I love the fact that they all used fresh house-made tortillas, so you won’t be getting any store-bought cheap stuff, but the real authentic Mexican experience. Also you can’t forget…Margaritas!!!
There’s also going to be a Grab and Go Window, serving Guacamole and Chips, Braised Port Shoulder Tacos, and Beef Barbacoa Tacos. It’s not a lot of offerings but if you are walking and have a quick Mexican urge it should do the trick!
There isn’t a date set yet for opening, but look for the table service Frontera Cocina to open in the early summer. You’ll find it in the Town Center, alongside the Spring and it will have waterside views and both indoor and outdoor seating.
Sounds AMAZING to me and really needed as well as the options for Mexican food around Walt Disney World aren’t exactly plentiful! Can’t wait to try it this Summer!
You can read our Full Review of Frontera Cocina here to see why it’s now our favorite Mexican restaurant in WDW.
Let us know what your thought are about Frontera Cocina in the comments section below