We have a lot of awesome things to look forward to in 2018, and today Disney has announced a new event for 2018 and it’s called ‘Incredible Summer’, playing off the release of the new Incredibles movie. The Incredible Summer is bringing New Experiences to the 4 Parks this year, and here is a run down of what you can expect to find when you come down for your vacation:
- The Incredibles Take Over Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park – Kicking the Incredible Summer off right you’ll be able to party with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone from Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and the soon-to-be blockbuster “Incredibles 2.” Expect Edna Mode, the greatest superhero costume designer, to also make her debut appearance. Happening every evening, guests can enjoy a “SUPER” dance party on the Rocket Tower Stage. This should get you pumped for one of the most anticipated Disney Films of 2018, “Incredibles 2” which opens in theaters June 15, 2018.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Take the Stage at Epcot – I’m really looking forward to seeing Star-Lord and Gamora from “Guardians of the Galaxy” joining an alien band, and taking guests on a journey through the cosmos. All your favorite GotG music will be played as the party will feature hits from Awesome Mixtapes 1 and 2 – fun and favorite tunes from the two movies’ soundtracks. And don’t forget that Guardians of the Galaxy coaster coming to Epcot in 2021!
- “Explorers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure” & A “Dino-Tastic” Celebration for Donald Duck Will Debut At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Flights of Wonder closed down in 2017, but now we have the name for its replacement: “Explorers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure,” which will debut at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in time for the park’s 20th anniversary. Guests can discover new bird species from around the world at the new show starring Senior Wilderness Explorer Russell and his furry friend Dug. That’s not all though! The park will also launch a “dino-tastic” celebration, in which Donald Duck takes over Dinoland, U.S.A., in a new character celebration.
- See “The Incredibles 2” at AMC Disney Springs – Get to watch the Summer’s most anticipated film right at Disney Springs! Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen is in the spotlight, while Bob navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet, Dash and baby Jack-Jack, whose superpowers are emerging. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible. “Incredibles 2” busts into theaters on June 15, 2018.
- Toy Story Land Opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Of course what we’re all waiting for during the Incredible Summer is the Opening of Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This new 11-acre land will shrink guests to the size of a toy and allow them go explore the fun and adventure of Andy’s backyard. Toy Story Land will have two new attractions: a family coaster Slinky Dog Dash Coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers, and of course the fan favorite Toy Story Mania!, which is adding a third track to help with the additional guests expected. If you’re hungry be sure to stop by Woody’s Lunch Box will be a new quick-service restaurant that will offer up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats to Toy Story Land guests. There is still no official Opening Date for Toy Story Land, but we’ll let you know ASAP!
We also just heard that Edna Mode will be coming to both Disneyland and Disney World. She’ll be stationed in Tomorrowland at Disney’s Magic Kingdom during the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo and in Disney California Adventure in Disneyland as part of Pixar Fest.
It’s shaping up to be an incredible year, and a rally Incredible Summer!
I want to know what you think about the Walt Disney World Incredible Summer. Which one of these events are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the comments section below! 🙂
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂