Disney is taking advantage of the cooler temperatures in Orlando at the beginning of the year to work on some pool refurbishments. Here is a list of the Walt Disney World Resort Pool Refurbishments taking place in Early 2018:
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort:
- The Big Blue pool closed January 16th through January 19th 2018.
- Flippin’ Fins pool closed January 31 through February 2 2018.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- Samawati Springs pool at Kidani Village will be closed January 8 through January 19 2018.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa:
- Beach Pool closed for refurbishment November 20 through February 25 2018.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness:
- The Meadows pool will be closed January 30 through February 2 2018.
Disney’s Saratoga Springs:
- The High Rock Spring pool will be closed January 15 through January 26 2018.
- The Paddock Pool will be closed January 29 through February 9 2018.
This is really the best time of the year to do normal maintenance on the pools that need work. Again this shouldn’t be much of a problem as most of the guests visiting during January and February won’t be using the pool. But if you have intentions to go swimming, make sure the pool is open at resort you are staying at.
These are just some of the refurbishments going on at Walt Disney World. For example Splash Mountain, which just received a lengthy 3-month closure, is also getting refurbished in April 2018. Be sure to check before going to make sure what you really want to see will be open!
I want to know what you think about the Walt Disney World Resort Pool Refurbishments in Early 2018. Are you going to be at any of those resorts? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂