The Orlando Business Journal is reporting that Walt Disney World hiring 3,500 New Cast Members for the Summer rush. This usually true any year, but even more so now that Toy Story Land is getting ready to open up in Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30th, more cast members are needed to handle the inevitable crowds to follow.
Disney is looking for “full-time, part-time and seasonal roles within housekeeping, transportation, lifeguard, food and beverage and many more,” according to the job descriptions. Disney is hosting many Job Fairs to fill these roles and anyone interested can go to WaltDisneyWorld.Jobs/Spring for a list of the upcoming spring job fairs.
- Housekeeping Hiring Days & Job Fair – This is the big one. There will be Housekeeping Hiring Days at the Walt Disney World Resort Casting Center every Monday-Friday in April and May from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. There will also be a housekeeping job fair on Wednesday, May 9 from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Lifeguard Job Fairs – There are 2 dates for this lifeguard fare, the first on Saturday, April 21, at Mickey’s Retreat; and second on Wednesday, May 2, at Typhoon Lagoon. Candidates must be age 16 years or older and can participate in a variety of onsite swim tests and interviews.
- Culinary Job Fair – People have got to eat right? This fair is being held at ESPN Wide World of Sports on April 23, where the candidates can learn about the different culinary positions available throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Bus Driver Online Job Fair – With more people comes for transportation needs and Disney is looking for both part-time and full-time roles. This fair will be through May 31.
These job fairs and the 3,500 new cast members that Disney is looking to hire should help get Walt Disney World ready for Summer 2018!
I want to know what you think about Walt Disney World Hiring 3,500 New Cast Members.
- Are you going to apply for a position?
- Have you ever interviewed at the Walt Disney World Resort before?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
News Source: Orlando Business Journal