As was announced last week, brand new Star Wars experiences are coming to Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World, one of them being a unique Star Wars Guided Tour throughout the park.
This isn’t just some quick 2nd-rate tour, no it will be a whole 7-Hour extravaganza! The tour will be guided by a “Star Wars expert” and will include:
- Reserved viewing for the live show: “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
- One ride on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- A guaranteed opportunity for young ones ages 4-12 to participate in the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple show
- A guided tour of the Star Wars Launch Bay with a character meet and greet
- Dinner at a quick-service restaurant with Star Wars themed food (Backlot Express)
- Admission to the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which will included desserts and a reserved viewing section for the fireworks show.
Now while I think it’s a cool option, I have to admit most of the things on the list you can do on your own either for free or for a lower cost than the package together. The best part about the tour might be the guaranteed participation in the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. So if your child really wants to be in that this would get him/her a spot.
I guess it also depends on how good the tour guide is. If they offer a lot of Star Wars knowledge and in a way that’s interesting, then that too could be a reason to book the tour. I really like the idea, but would like to see more exclusive perks that normal park-goers don’t get.
The Star Wars Tour begins January 2nd, 2017 and will cost $129 per person (tax & gratuity included). Star Wars Tours will run on Mondays and Saturdays. If you want to reserve a tour you can call 407-WDW-PLAY.
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
I want to know what you think about the new Star Wars Tour. Do you like the features of the tour? Do you plan on booking one for your family? What would you like to see included? Let us know in the comments section below! 🙂
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog