UPDATE 12/18/17: Today the rumor about Non-Disney Hotels being able to make 60-Day Advance FastPass+ Reservations was…
A big change could be in the works for the Walt Disney World FastPass+ system according to wdwmagic.com. The word is that some Walt Disney World guests will have the option to book a special package which will give them many FastPass+ advantages over other guests, including booking 3 extra FastPass+ reservations per day for a total of 6, a 90-Day FastPass+ booking window and more.
The special service would begin January 12th, 2018 for guests staying in Club Level rooms at Walt Disney World Resort hotels and costs $50 per guest, per day. Here’s what the benefits are:
- 3 Extra FastPass+ Reservations per day, bringing the total to 6 per guest
- FastPass+ Booking Window of 90-Days. This gives guests a leg-up over “normal” guests who only have 60 days to book FastPass+
- FastPass+ Reservations spread over multiple parks when having a valid Park Hopper option purchased with ticket. This means they don’t have to make all reservations only in one park like now, but can split them up between multiple parks
- Multiple FastPass+ reservations at Top-Tier attractions. Right now in some parks you can’t book all the most popular attractions in that park, you have to choose. That means for example you could be able to book Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey, which now you have to choose between.
- Preferred Nighttime Spectacular Viewing Locations. Limited to one per day, guests will have a preferred viewing location for shows like: Happily Ever After, Illuminations, Fantastic! or Rivers of Light.
Here is the list of Walt Disney World Resorts with Club Level Rooms which would be eligible for this special package:
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Cabins
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Club Level
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – Club Level
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Club Level
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Club Level
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Club Level
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Club Level
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – Club Level
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
Those are certainly a lot of advantages for someone purchasing this special package, and gives them a decided advantage for riding attractions and seeing the nighttime shows. I don’t think it will have a huge impact on regular guests as the Club level rooms are limited, and not every guest will be willing to shell out an additional $50 per day per guest for this. But if you have the money and don’t want to be bothered by waiting much in line, this could be a tempting offer.
This continues the trend of Disney offering more VIP type packages or services to guests who are willing to pay more. The Dessert Parties for example have had a lot of success for example. It also isn’t the only FastPass+ change recently, as just weeks ago Disney announced that select Non-Disney hotels are allowed to open up the 60-Day FastPass+ booking to their hotel guests.
Again Disney hasn’t announced anything officially, so we’ll wait for the official announcement.
How do you feel about the changes?
I want to know what you think about additional FastPass+ reservations for Club Level Walt Disney World Guests. Do you think it’s a good idea? Would this tempt you to stay in the Club Level? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂