Just a couple days ago the some of the plans for the Star Wars Hotel leaked and we got to see a layout of the property and how some of the rooms will be laid out. Today at the D23 Destination D event, we also got to see some new concept art for the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel including an outside perspective of your accommodations and just how you will arrive on the spaceship.
As we found out in the plans, you will leave the spaceport and head for the spaceship which is already orbiting. How exactly will you get there?
First you have to get to the spaceport where you start your journey. Here we can see the passengers being dropped off in front of the spaceport:
Once you enter the spaceport, you will need to take a launch pod which brings you up to the ship. In this concept art you can see the outside of your pod arriving at the ship:
From the inside you can see the excited guests as they get ready to disembark the shuttle. All of this will be done through a realistic simulation as you can see in the image all you have to do is look up and see the stars. That plus a realistic simulation system will make it feel like you are really traveling through space.
It all looks very impressive and Disney promises your adventure will start the minute you board those pods bringing you to your fully immersive destination.
Today Disney also dropped new info about Star Wars Land and gave the names and showed video for the land’s two headline attractions. The Star Wars Hotel and Galaxy’s Edge will be closely linked and your adventure when staying there will be connected between the two.
Disney hasn’t yet said when the Star Wars Hotel is opening yet, but they confirmed it will NOT open when Galaxy’s Edge opens at the end of 2019. Stay tuned more more info as it comes out…
If you are interested in the latest news on this project, read our newest Star Wars Hotel Construction updates which shows the latest progress.
Check out all the other Walt Disney World Announcements from D23 Destination D:
- Ratatouille Attraction – Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Name of Attraction Coming to Epcot
- Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge – Attractions Named and Video Footage Shown of them
- Epcot Fireworks – Two New Epcot Fireworks Shows Replacing Illuminations
- Disney Skyliner – First Look at Disney Skyliner Gondola Cars
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Opening Date announced for Fall 2019
- Hollywood Studios – New Nighttime Show Coming “Wonderful World of Animation” Coming in 2019
- New Fort Wilderness Hotel – Name Given to the Hotel: “Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge”
- Disney Riviera Resort – New Concept Art and Opening Date
I want to know what you think about the new names for the Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge attractions…
- What do you think about the announcements?
- Do you like the attraction names?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
Need Help Planning Your Disney Vacation? Show You the World Travel is Here to Help!
Just fill out the form below and someone will contact you for all your Disney Vacation Planning Needs….