Last month we told you about the big remodel going on at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa and you saw some shots of the new rooms. Well already some of the rooms are finished and open to guests, so Disney has given us a look at some of them.
The new rooms are going to have a more modern feel, yet maintaining its distinctive outdoorsy feel. So far it looks absolutely beautiful!
Some of the features of the rooms are:
- Craftsman Headboards made from quarter-sawn oak with a blossoming orange tree mural over the beds
- Artwork of Bambi and other woodland creatures in the sleeper beds
- California inspired artwork
- Originally designed orange crate labels which pay homage to Disney history
- New Desk Countertops which are beautifully in-layed with pieces of green glass from wine bottles
- Rooms have the latest technology including 55-inch Smart-TVs, Keurig Coffee Makers and USB Chargers
I know I haven’t stayed in the Grand Californian Hotel in about 10 years so it will definitely be worth it for me to book another stay there next time I go to Disneyland Resort. I love the aesthetics of the rooms, they are clean modern and still hold true to the hotel theming. Nicely done Disney!
The remodel of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel should be completed by the end of 2017.
I want to know what you think about the Grand Californian Hotel remodeled rooms progress so far. What do you think of the room design? Are you going to plan a stay there the next time you go out to Disneyland? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
Photo Credit: Disney