Construction over at the Caribbean Beach Resort has seemed more like a war zone lately,…
With the Disney’s newest transportation system set to open in 2019 in Walt Disney World, the first job opening for the Disney Skyliner Gondola system has been posted online, on the Disney Careers Website.
As of now there is only one position posted, but it has the title: Senior Transportation Engineer. This person will be responsible for the entire operation of the Disney Skyliner Gondola system, keeping it safe, efficient and reliable. They will need to be responsible for 40-50 mechanics, technicians and leaders and provide diagnostic troubleshooting and strategic planning for refurbishment, replacement and renewal of the Disney Skyliner Gondola.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining cable driven aerial lift systems for gondolas and/or ski-lifts, including operation and troubleshooting, detachable grip inspection and rebuilds, sheave assembly overhaul, rope tensioning and replacement, drive motor, gearbox and bullwheel inspection and repair/replacement, and cycle out and evacuation procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electrical, controls, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, systems as applied to aerial lift systems.
- A minimum of 10 years maintenance experience on aerial lifts systems for gondola cabins and ski-lifts.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience for maintenance of aerial lifts for gondola cabins and ski-lifts.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ANSI B77 – American National Standard for Passenger Ropeways
- Organized and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Proven decision maker with the ability to effectively execute multiple workflows while under time constraints.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills.
- Effective and accurate written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in successful team building and customer service.
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and various shifts as needed.
- Working knowledge of maintenance reporting and scheduling systems, such as Maximo.
- Proficient computer skills.
Anyone interested in the position can apply on the Disney Careers Website.
The first gondola arrived in Disney World not long ago and the Disney Skyliner is expected to open in Mid-2019.
I want to know what you think about the first job posting for the Disney Skyliner Gondola system…
- Are you excited for the Disney Skyliner?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
Need Help Planning Your Disney Vacation? Show You the World Travel is Here to Help!
Just fill out the form below and someone will contact you for all your Disney Vacation Planning Needs….