Extra Magic Hours have been a part of the Walt Disney World experience now for years and at times can offer a good opportunity to visit the Disney World parks with fewer guests. However now Disney has taken that to the next level with special Extra, Extra Magic Hours they are introducing this Fall.
What Are Extra, Extra Magic Hours?
Normal Extra Magic Hours allow guests staying in a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel to enter the parks 1 hour before regular guests, or stay in the parks later when the rest have to go home.
Extra, Extra Magic Hours are a new twist Disney has announced which will allow guests staying in a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel to visit the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios a whole 3 HOURS before guests not staying on property.
This is especially of interest for guests who will be visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge this Fall and should allow them to get a jump on what is sure to be the most popular area of Walt Disney World for years to come.
Extra, Extra Magic Hours are for a limited-time only and will be running from August 29 – November 2, 2019. (At least these are the only dates at this time).
Here are the details and times Extra, Extra Magic Hours will be running:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Daily from August 29th – November 2nd, 2019. Disney’s Magic Kingdom will be open from from 7-8 a.m. Pandora: The World of Avatar will be open and other rides and attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland will be open, just like just like Extra Magic Hours offerings.
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park – Daily from August 29th – November 2nd, 2019. Disney’s Magic Kingdom will be open from from 7-8 a.m. Attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland will be open, just like Extra Magic Hours offerings.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Daily from September 1 – November 2. Hollywood Studios will be open from 6 – 9am for Extra, Extra Magic Hours. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open as well as Toy Story Land, plus other select rides and attractions. (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.)
If you are planning on being in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge the first few days it opens (August 29 – 31) Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6am for all guests. Extra, Extra Magic Hours start on September 1.
- Epcot – While we don’t have the particulars, Extra Magic Hours will continue during select days in Epcot based on the calendar.
What’s Required for Extra, Extra Magic Hours?
- First of all you need to be staying in a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel to take advantage of Extra, Extra Magic Hours.
- Entrance to the parks during Extra, Extra Magic Hours requires park admission and hotel ID
- If you don’t have the Park Hopper Option on your park ticket, remember the park you choose to enter during Extra, Extra Magic Hours will be the only one you are admitted entrance to that day.
- Attraction choices are limited during these special days. There usually is a good choice of attractions, but be aware that not all of them will be available so it’s best to check ahead of time. (Magic Kingdom attractions are the most affected here because only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open).
*Applicable theme park, days and times of operation, attraction and service availability may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity and cancellation.
Even though we still recommend and prefer staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, the benefits are getting less and less every year. That’s why I’m excited to see these special Extra, Extra Magic Hours come around, even if it’s only for a limited time.
This is going to be very useful for guests to be able to get into Galaxy’s Edge. Yes you’re going to have to get up early, but I think the results are going to be worth it because the facts are that the majority of families, especially with kids, are just not going to be able to be in Hollywood Studios that early in the morning.
That means whoever is willing to sacrifice a little bit in the mornings is going to get a whole lot of exploring done in Galaxy’s Edge before the majors crowds come.
We’ll continue to update our tips for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge as we get closer to the opening, but this is definitely something to keep in mind and can save you a lot of time.
Stay Tuned to Ziggy Knows Disney for more updates for Galaxy’s Edge soon…
I want to know what you think about these Extra, Extra Magic Hours coming to Walt Disney World…
- Are you going to take advantage of them?
- What’s the earliest you’d get in line for Galaxy’s Edge?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂