It's not everyday you get to see this. A 20+ year-old Nile Crocodile had emergency…
We love all the celebrations at Walt Disney World, and in April there’s another big one coming! On April 22, 2018 Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be celebrating its 20th anniversary, which happens to be Earth Day and there will be a ton a interesting new adventures just waiting for you to explore. Today we have some info for you on Disney’s Animal Kingdom 20th Anniversary Events which will set the pace for the rest of the year in Walt Disney World Resort.
Here’s what Disney has planned:
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure – this new show replacing the Flights of Wonder bird show in the Animal Kingdom will feature Russell and Dug from the classic Pixar animated comedy-adventure film “UP.” Like the old show this new one will feature many exotic birds from around the world and of course your favorite UP! characters.
- Party for the Planet – this 2-week celebration (April 22- May 5) will allow guest to listen to animal care experts and let them see some of the 2,000 different animals in an enhanced demonstration. Plus more animal encounters, desserts and other activities.
- Special Photo Opportunities – Lots of people love to take specialty photos when visiting Walt Disney World so you can have a magical moment stuck in time to take back with you and guests at Animal Kingdom can take them with special giant themed photo frames like “Reverse the Decline” to help endangered species.
- “Dino-tastic” celebration – join Donald Duck and friends as they go on a fascinating discovery in DinoLand U.S.A. to learn more about the dinosaurs. Enjoy a colorful new décor and playful character meet and greets with some rare characters like Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack and more. A DJ dance party will conclude the nighttime festivities.
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch – this has been around since the opening of the Animal Kingdom and always offers fun and educational exhibits about the animals including learning about the animals health and nutrition, plus see the animal hospital where they treat sick or injured animals , like the HUGE Nile Crocodile they amputated the foot from last week!
- Tiffins Talks – Six special themed dinners at perhaps my favorite Walt Disney World restaurant in a theme park: Tiffins. Everything here is fantastic and these will be specially designed meals for the the occasion.
- Limited Merchandise – you’ll be able to get a commemorative adventure guide, limited edition merchandise and a special edition print by the brain behind the creation of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Joe Rohde who will be there on April 22 to sign the prints
That’s not to mention all the great shows and attractions already in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, like Pandora: The World of Avatar which opened up less than one year ago. If you haven’t been to Pandora yet then that alone is worth the trip!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom 20th Anniversary Events are going to be a blast, and I think it’s definitely worth the trip down if your thinking of coming during that time!
Make sure to tune in for all the Animal Kingdom 20th Anniversary Celebration Coverage right here!
I want to know what you think about Disney’s Animal Kingdom 20th Anniversary Events. Are you going to be there for the celebration? Which event are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂