We have some exciting news for guests going on the Disney Cruise Line aboard the…
Today Disney announced that Starting September 11, 2018 the Disney Cruise Line is moving up the Final Payment date and Cancellation policies and for guests booking a cruise.
The new policies are as follows:
- Final payment for all non-suite/non-concierge staterooms on Cruises 1-5 Nights will be due at 90 days prior to arrival and cancellation fees will begin at 89 days versus 74 days.
- Final payment for all non-suite/non-concierge staterooms on Cruises 6 Nights or more will be due at 120 days prior to arrival and cancellation fees will begin at 119 days versus 89 days.
- Final payment for suite and concierge staterooms is due 120 days prior to sailing on cruises of 1 to 5 nights, and 150 days prior to sailing on cruises 6 nights or longer.
- Specific final payment and cancellation policies have been eliminated for holiday sailings and sailings where the Embark and Debark is a non-U.S. port
This means if you make your reservations BEFORE September 11, 2018, the old final payment and cancellation policies apply to you. If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation AFTER September 11, then these new rules apply to you.
Overall it’s not a huge change for 1-5 night cruises moving up 15 days, but the 6 day+ ones is where it will be a bigger impact. It’s a whole month earlier than before, and with longer cruises that’s not chump change by any means. Most likely this won’t impact too many guests if any from going on a Disney Cruise, but you will need to pay more attention to make sure you have your money ready.
These new Terms & Conditions with the new policies will be found on Disney Cruise Line’s Terms & Conditions page.
I want to know what you think about Disney Cruise Line moving up the Final Payment deadline…
- Do you think it’s fair?
- Does this affect your ability to go on a Disney Cruise?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂