Starting today Disney is testing Virtual Queues at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. What are…
Every year Typhoon Lagoon has a small refurbishment to make some little improvements to the park and the guest experience there. We already know about the brand new attraction Miss Adventure Falls, which is a family raft ride, and now the longest attraction in either Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. According to the Orlando Theme Park News besides that though there are a bunch of other small improvements such as:
- A completely resurfaced Surf Pool, which has also been given new pumps. This will help make sure the waves stay consistant and improve safety.
- Crush n Gusher has added lighting that will offer guests the chance to experience this ride even when it gets dark!
- Castaway Creek has been drained, painted and resurfaced. More lifeguards have been added to ensure higher safety as well.
- Better signs which will make it easier for guests to navigate around the park finding food, restrooms etc
- New In-Park Maps have been put in to make it easier to find your way to the next attraction
- New Park Entry Map
- Palms Dining has added fans which will keep you cooler while you wait
- New High n Dry rental ammenities will allow guests to purchase drink. Also Clam Shell beds are for rent which give you a quiet, tucked away place to enjoy the beach and drink table.
- Improved technology on the self-serve lockers
Obviously Disney is trying to keep up with Volcano Bay, the newest water park in town, and these are little changes that make the guest experience a better one. We’ll see what other changes are in store for Typhoon Lagoon in the future.
I want to know what you think about the Typhoon Lagoon Improvements. Do you think they are enough? What other improvements would you like to see done to both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
News Credit: Orlando Theme Park News