We know there are millions of Marvel fans out there, and since the acquisition of Marvel by Disney years ago the Marvel popularity has been skyrocketing! As you were probably anticipating, there’s going to be plenty of new Marvel Experiences Coming to D23 Expo in Anaheim California this year, including Presentations, a Marvel Studio Pavilion, and Marvel Gaming. Here’s what to expect at D23:
If you’re a Marvel fan, there are 2 panels that you will absolutely love! On Friday, July 14 at 1:15 p.m., Joe Quesada, Chief Creative Officer of Marvel, will take the stage in the D23 Expo Arena for Cup o’ Joe, where they will talk about everything Marvel. Later on in the day, Marvel Animation will hold a surprise-filled panel of sneak peeks, special guests, exclusive footage, and big announcements about the future of Marvel Animation on Stage 28 at 6 p.m.
Here you will get a closer look at some of the costumes from two highly anticipated Marvel Studios films: Thor: Ragnarok, which comes out this November, and Black Panther, opening in 2018. Besides that you can explore some of the props from the upcoming Thor film and also get photo opportunities with exclusive set pieces from the movie. There will also be multiple giveaways and events throughout the weekend, and fans will have a chance to meet the Marvel Studios filmmakers, development team and all the talent involved! Details on special appearances and signings will be made available on the D23 Expo App (coming soon!).
Marvel Games Pavilion:
For the first time at D23 Expo some new console and mobile games are coming to the Marvel Games Pavilion that you’ll get to play such as: Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, and more! Read on to see what games you can experience during D23 Expo:
- LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 – this is the first sequel to the smash hit LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes. It’s an all-new original adventure which brings together Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, with the classic LEGO humor. It will transport players into cosmic battles across multiple Marvel locations which have been ripped from time and space in the hub world of Chonopolis.
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite – the latest version of the massively successful action fighting game will see characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before. Iconic characters will pair up for action packed player vs player action.
- Marvel Heroes Omega – Gazillion is offering fans a chance to play and win fantastic prizes. Marvel Heroes Omega combines gameplay of Action Role-Playing Games and Massively Multiplayer Online games with an expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe.
- MARVEL: Future Fight. Featuring 120 Marvel Super Heroes, players can create teams of their favorites to fight for their future. Stop by the Netmarble booth and try your hand at saving the universe.
- Marvel Puzzle Quest – an epic match-3 puzzle adventure game with Marvel’s biggest Super Heroes and Super Villains available on your phone, tablet, and PC. Marvel Puzzle Quest combines favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-vs-player tournaments, Alliances, and much more.
There’s certainly tons to love if you are a Marvel fan, and we can’t wait to get there to check it all out along with you!
I want to know what you think about the new Marvel Experiences Coming to D23 Expo. Which one are you looking forward to trying the most? Are you going to be at the D23 Expo? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂