The Active Eats booth is a new booth but bringing back some classics that you're…
With the Epcot 35th Anniversary only 1 day away, Disney has many special events planned for the day. I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that one of the ones I’m looking forward to the most are the Epcot 35th Anniversary special eats that will be available throughout the day and also some surrounding days as well. Part of the celebration is taking place at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, which is currently being held, and in other areas of the park, all with the purpose to honor Epcot’s great legacy started on Oct 1st, 1982!
The first 2 items can be found at the Food and Wine Festival which can be found in the Epcot Legacy Showplace, in the Craft Beers Marketplace in the Odyssey Center:
- The Handwich is back! This item perfect for strolling the park was originally from The Land pavilion in the 1980’s and has been missing since. It’s quite similar to the Cozy Cones found in Radiator Springs in DCA being that it’s an edible bread cone, with cheeseburger Mac and cheese inside. We tried it and it was pretty solid, the actual cone itself was quite tasty, but the inside was a little disappointing to us though.
- A Chilled Sottish Egg is also on the menu, and has been a long-time favorite in the England pavilion. Wasn’t a fan sadly and if you’re in the mood for one, head to the Rose & Crown as it’s much better there imo.
The next 3 I haven’t tried yet because they actually come out tomorrow, Oct 1st, but they look like they will be getting lots of publicity on Instagram for sure:
- Flower Pot Cupcake: This is a vanilla cupcake with peanut butter and jelly filling, topped with edible flowers from The Land Pavilion.
- Spaceship Earth Cupcake: is found at the Fountain View, a yellow cupcake with strawberry pastry cream filling and topped with a dome of cake covered in silver fondant. It’s an edible wow! This one is my favorite looking one!!
- Viking Cupcake: will be at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in the Norway pavilion. This vanilla cupcake with vanilla cream filling, blue and white buttercream icing and red sprinkles pays homage to the Norwegian flag and is topped with 2 cones to represent the iconic Viking horns!
Take a look at all of my 2017 Epcot Food and Wine articles. I have a 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Info Guide with a complete Index of the Food and Wine Menus, The Top NEW Items for 2017, Top Food and Wine Booths and more! Or to book special events please visit epcotfoodfestival.com. I want you to be able to have the best info on the Festival so you have a great time and don’t waste your time!
I want to know what you think of the Epcot 35th Anniversary Special Eats. Have you had either of the Epcot Legacy Showplace items yet? Which cupcake looks the best to you? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog