That May 27th Opening Date for Pandora looms large, but just because that’s the official opening doesn’t mean you have to wait to see it. In fact Disney is offering a special D23 Behind the Scenes Pandora Experience where guests will get a guided tour by Pandora Lead Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde himself. In addition to the guided walk-through of Pandora, guests will enjoy a meal at Tiffin’s(it’s amazingly good) with Joe Rohde and other D23 members.
Tours will begin May 19th at 11am and last approximately 3 hours. Guests are asked to arrive no-later than 10:45am. Guests will then be allowed to explore Pandora: The World of Avatar on their own from 3-5pm where they will also be free to ride the new Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey. The price is $250 per person plus a $5 processing fee. Guests are required to have a D23 Membership in order to participate.
- D23 Gold and Gold Family Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest.
- Due to the nature of this experience, all attendees must be at least 21 years of age or older to partake in this D23 event.
- This event does not include admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Guests will need to have or purchase admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom to attend. If planning to use a Walt Disney World Annual Passport to attend, each guest should check blockout dates to verify that the pass is valid for admission on Friday, May 19.
- A very limited number of tickets are available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event.
- All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at Walt Disney World Resort during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize The Walt Disney Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Producer”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Producer.
I think this is an absolutely AMAZING opportunity, especially to pick the brain of Joe Rohde and learn exactly what went into designing and creating this one-of-a-kind world. It’s going to be fantastic. Disney also gave Annual Passholders the opportunity to sign up for an exclusive preview of Pandora before the official opening. That will start on May 12th.
I want to know what you think about the special D23 Behind the Scenes Pandora Experience. Are you going to register? What questions would you ask Joe Rohde if you had the chance? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
News and Photo Credit: Disney