A few days ago we found out that The Polite Pig, Disney Spring's newest dining…
Just last month we told you about the new quick service restaurant coming to Disney Springs called “Chicken Guy.” Well now we have more info for you including that today Disney announced Chicken Guy is opening in Disney Springs in August of this year and we also got a first look at some of the yummy menu items.
Chicken Guy is a quick service location run by Planet Hollywood and focuses on, you guessed it….chicken. The menu is being created by Guy Fieri, who also designed the some of the burgers and sandwiches for Planet Hollywood Observatory. This doesn’t sound like your normal theme park chicken tenders though, they are being billed as all-natural and they’ll be hand-pounded and breaded fresh each day.
“I’m stoked to be building Chicken Guy! with my friend, Robert Earl,” said Fieri, “It’s all about the real deal, all-natural chicken but lemme tell you, our sauce game is on point.”
Let’s look at some of the menu items coming to Chicken Guy:
- Grilled or Fried All-Natural Chicken Tenders w/ choice of two signature sauces
- Big ol’ Chicken Sandwiches: like the Big Bite B.L.A.T. which comes with crispy smoked bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato, and creamy buttermilk ranch sauce.
- Sides include: Chicken Guy! Fries with a signature seasoning, Mac Daddy Mac ‘n’ Cheese, and Loaded Fries smothered in SMC (SUPER MELTY CHEESE!) and topped with chopped grilled chicken, bacon, and green onions.
- Chicken Guy! Salad Bowls. For example a Chopped Chicken Caesar Salad, BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad, or Southwest Sweet Corn with charred corn, slaw, roasted peppers, black beans, tomatoes, red onions, grilled scallions, and crispy tortilla strips, served with cumin lime mojo and chipotle ranch sauces.
- Triple Double Mint – hand-spun mint chocolate soft-serve with cookies and cream crumbles, chocolate mints, chocolate syrup, and fresh whipped cream.
- Cinnamon Apple with hand-spun vanilla soft-serve, crunchy cinnamon cereal and cinnamon-apple cereal, and fresh whipped cream.
Chicken Guy will have a whimsical and design and unique packaging which should also give it appeal.
Honestly I was a bit skeptical when I first heard about Chicken Guy coming to Disney Springs, especially since I’m not a big fan of Planet Hollywood Observatory. After seeing everything so far I really hoping they can make up for the bad experience of their sister restaurant and deliver quality fried chicken to Disney Springs.
Again it will be located right next to Planet Hollywood Observatory and coming sometime in August, so stay tuned for the exact date.
I want to know what you think about Chicken Guy coming to Disney Springs and the first menu items…
- Are you excited about Chicken Guy opening?
- Which item sounds the best to you?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
News Source: Disney Parks Blog