Last month we shared with you about Party of the Planet and all the special events coming for Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary in April. One of those events is Tiffin Talks, six special themed dinners at one of my favorite Walt Disney World restaurants: Tiffins. Today we got some more info about the Tiffin Talks Dining Events coming for Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary.
The Tiffin Talks dining events will take place from April 22 to May 5, 2018, and will allow guest to enjoy the amazing food at Tiffins and listen to some of the experts who had a hand in creating Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park.
Here are the Dates, Speakers and Topics:
- Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
- Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
- Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
- Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
I think for any Disney Parks junkie, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to hear from some of the most influential people behind the Animal Kingdom park and their stories are sure going to be amazing! Very cool idea!
You can book Tiffins Talks dining events online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE. The price is: $165 per person (tax and gratuity included). Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park admission is not included in the price of Tiffins Talks.
Speakers are subject to change without notice.
Make sure to tune in for all the Animal Kingdom 20th Anniversary Celebration Coverage right here!
I want to know what you think about the Tiffin Talks Dining Events. What do you think about the event? Are you going to book a Tiffins Talks dining event? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
News Source: Disney Parks Blog