Continuing with the 12 Days of Disney Christmas this week, Disney has announced a New Star Wars Day at Sea Experience coming to the Disney Cruise Line in 2018. Brand new Star Wars experiences are coming on the Disney Fantasy including The Resistance, Dark Side and Droids, on special sailings from January to April!
- Darth Vader and Stormtropper March: Starting off the Star Wars Day at Sea celebrations, Darth Vader and his crew will march into the ship’s atrium for an Imperial takeover. This will be a one-time experience the night before the event.
- Kylo Ren appearing in “Jedi Training Academy”: Young Jedi-in-training have to summon their courage and the Force to face off against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren in an event similar to the one in Hollywood Studios.
- “Summon the Force” nighttime deck show: Rey takes the stage in celebrating great moments from across the Star Wars galaxy with all your favorite characters, new and old. It finishes with an epic fireworks show which is accompanied by John Williams’ iconic theme music.
- “Porgs Onboard! Scavenger Hunt”: Porgs are taking over the ship and Chewbacca needs your help to track them down! You have to find and decode secret messages in a ship-wide quest and of course you’ll meet Chewy at the end of your adventure.
- Watch all of the Star Wars feature films in the Buena Vista Theatre: In the days before the Star Wars Day at Sea, you can check out all the Star Wars films, including the latest one: “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- C-3PO is coming to the Star Wars: Command Post in Disney’s Oceaneer Club. Children can partake in a special activity, training to be members of the Resistance and fight off the First Order. C-3PO come to check on their training and further human-cyborg relations.
- Guests can also take part in Droid Racing, a fast-paced activity where guests can race BB-Unit droids around a course in the ship’s atrium.
- Droid Building: In this hands-on activity for families, you can test your skills in becoming master droid builders and create an intergalactic droid.
Fun for the whole family:
- Guaranteed for time to meet and take photographs with Characters: This is new for 2018 and now you don’t have to worry about not meeting your favorite characters as you are guaranteed a time withC-3PO and R2-D2, Chewbacca and Darth Vader. Reserve these character encounters before even coming onboard a Disney Cruise online under the My Disney Cruise section of disneycruise.com.
- Pose with Star Wars-themed Backdrops: Guests can pose and take pictures with life-sized replicas of cool Star Wars-themed backdrops, including Han Solo frozen in Carbonite, and more.
- Star Wars Drawing Academy: Learn to draw your favorite Star Wars characters and a new character from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- Star Wars-themed interactive games, trivia and activities activities for the whole family located on the Pool Deck and D-Lounge.
These are just some of the new Star Wars Day at Sea experiences coming to the Disney Cruise Line in 2018!
Check back here for all the New Disney Parks Updates Coming During the 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas.
I want to know what you think about the New Star Wars Day at Sea Experiences coming to the Disney Cruise Line. Which one are you looking forward to the most? Have you ever been on a Disney Cruise with the Star Wars Day at Sea before? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog