One of the most popular events in Walt Disney World every year is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, the hard-ticket event at Disney’s Magic Kingdom park. Disney has announced it is back again in 2023, and we have all the details for you.
In this post, we will explain everything you need to know about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in 2023 including dates, event details, ticket prices, discounts, merchandise, and more. We’ll also discuss our thoughts on the changes to the event this year and what that means for you.
Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party went on sale starting April 27, and we’ll show you what you need to do to get yours.
Before we get started, don’t forget to sign up for our FREE Weekly E-Mail Newsletter. There we bring you the latest Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween updates as well as vacation planning tips. You can sign up here: Join our E-Mail Newsletter!
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is running for a record 38 nights in 2023, one more than the previous high of 37 which happened in 2022.
The 2023 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party event dates are as follows:
- August: 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
- September: 1, 4, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29
- October: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 31
The party starts at 7:00 pm on each scheduled night and ends at midnight for a total of 5 hours. Ticket-holders for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party can enter the Magic Kingdom starting at 4:00 pm on the day of the event.
That gives you plenty of time to do some of your favorite Magic Kingdom rides before the party starts.
Ticket prices range from $109 – $199 each per person. Prices depend on the date you choose to attend.
In general, the least expensive dates are in August and September. These range from a high of $109 to $139. Once you get into October, prices for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party increase drastically and range from $149 to $199.
Of course, it’s a lot more unpleasant going to a costume party in the Florida heat in August and September than it is in late October, but you’ll have to weigh the pros and cons of saving more money or being more comfortable while you are there.
Here is the full list of ticket prices for the event:
|Event Date||Price (Ages 10 and Up before tax)||Price (Ages 3-9 before tax)|
|Friday, August 11, 2023||$149||$139|
|Tuesday, August 15, 2023||$109||$99|
|Friday, August 11, 2023||$109||$99|
|Tuesday, August 11, 2023||$109||$99|
|Friday, August 11, 2023||$109||$99|
|Tuesday, August 11, 2023||$109||$99|
|Friday, September 1, 2023||$119||$109|
|Monday, September 4, 2023||$119||$109|
|Friday, September 8, 2023||$119||$109|
|Sunday, September 10, 2023||$119||$109|
|Tuesday, September 12, 2023||$119||$109|
|Friday, September 15, 2023||$119||$109|
|Sunday, September 17, 2023||$119||$109|
|Tuesday, September 19, 2023||$149||$139|
|Friday, September 22, 2023||$149||$139|
|Sunday, September 24, 2023||$149||$139|
|Tuesday, September 26, 2023||$149||$139|
|Thursday, September 28, 2023||$149||$139|
|Friday, September 29, 2023||$149||$139|
|Sunday, October 1, 2023||$149||$139|
|Tuesday, October 3, 2023||$169||$159|
|Thursday, October 5, 2023||$169||$159|
|Friday, October 6, 2023||$169||$159|
|Monday, October 9, 2023||$169||$159|
|Tuesday, October 10, 2023||$169||$159|
|Thursday, October 12, 2023||$169||$159|
|Friday, October 13, 2023||$189||$179|
|Sunday, October 15, 2023||$169||$159|
|Tuesday, October 17, 2023||$169||$159|
|Thursday, October 19, 2023||$169||$159|
|Friday, October 20, 2023||$189||$179|
|Sunday, October 22, 2023||$169||$159|
|Tuesday, October 24, 2023||$169||$159|
|Thursday, October 26, 2023||$169||$159|
|Friday, October 27, 2023||$189||$179|
|Sunday, October 29, 2023||$199||$189|
|Tuesday, October 31, 2023||$199||$189|
|Wednesday, November 1, 2023||$199||$189|
Discounts – Disney World Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can purchase specially-priced tickets to attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, with a discount of $10 per person. These lower prices are only available for select dates.
Ticket Price Stays the Same – Disney has been drastically increasing ticket prices for all hard-ticketed events in the last few years, however, that is not the case for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in 2023.
Tickets for the event both in 2022 and 2023 range from $109 to $199 per person for adults, and $99 to $189 for children ages 3-9.
Still, even though they didn’t go up again in 2023, they are still up big over the last few years. For example, tickets for the 2020 event (which was ultimately canceled) began at $85 each and reached a peak of $144 each on Halloween night. That means it’s a $24 increase for the cheapest date and $55 on the most expensive date.
How to Buy Tickets
When you can buy tickets depends on if you are a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel guest or if you are staying off-site.
- Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Guests – Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party can be purchased starting April 27, 2023. This is for guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, and Shades of Green.
- Off-Site Guests – Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party go on sale to the general public beginning May 18, 2023.
Ordering Tickets – Tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240.
- For the best Prices on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets, we recommend using Get Away Tickets. You can use this link as soon as they go on sale on May 2.
Limited Number of Tickets – You should keep in mind that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has a limited capacity, and all of the nights will eventually sell out. The more popular nights (the ones close to Halloween) will sell out almost immediately.
Therefore, if you are planning on going, I wouldn’t waste any time buying your tickets. If you wait even only a few days, you will likely find the dates that you are hoping to go will sell out and then you will either have to change dates or skip it altogether.
Event Entertainment & Details
Most of the original Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party experiences are back, plus some new exclusive entertainment, Disney Villains, and frightfully delicious menu items.
Here is the lineup of entertainment and experiences at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in 2023:
- “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade” – The Headless Horseman will ride his ghostly steed down Main Street, U.S.A. as a prelude to “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” which features floats filled with Disney Characters dressed in their Halloween best, Disney villains and the Haunted Mansion graveyard diggers.
- Lots of Candy – What’s Halloween without candy? During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, guests can go trick-or-treating for M&M’S, SKITTLES, SNICKERS, and other Halloween favorites at locations throughout Magic Kingdom Park. And new this year, guests will also receive a reusable trick-or-treat bag featuring a keepsake 50th Anniversary celebration and Halloween design.
- Stage Show – Join the Sanderson Sisters during the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show at Cinderella Castle as they call upon their frightening colleagues to conjure the ultimate “Hocus Pocus” Party Potion.
- Characters – Celebrate the season alongside favorite Disney characters as they take over the park for their favorite party of the year.
- Themed Attractions – Overlays themed for the occasion will return to several popular Magic Kingdom attractions: Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.
- Nighttime Spectacular – The Pumpkin King himself, Jack Skellington, will host “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular.” This can’t-miss nighttime extravaganza features projections, special effects and lighting mixed with fireworks, music, and Disney characters.
- Themed Snacks – Discover sweet and savory menu items inspired by fall flavors and the Halloween season.
- Disney Junior Jam at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café – A dance party featuring your favorite friends from the Disney Junior shows. Great for kids.
Here are the performance times for some of the live entertainment at this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party:
- Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade has 2 performance nightly 9:15 pm and 11:15 pm.
- The fireworks show, Disney’s No-So-Spooky Spectacular starts at 10:15 pm nightly.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the new TRON Lightcycle Run roller coaster will be using the Virtual Queue during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Make sure you read our guide How to Ride TRON Lightcycle with the Virtual Queue for step-by-step instructions on securing your reservation.
Beginning in August, guests can shop new Halloween-themed merchandise collections at locations across Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, with select products available on shopDisney.com
- Orange and black Spirit Jersey
- Mickey Pumpkin Bubble Wand
- Orange Minnie Ear Headband
- Oogie Boogie Minnie Ears
- Mickey and Minnie Halloween Pajama sets
- Loungefly Mini Backpack
- “Hocus Pocus” Cauldron Mug and Corkcicle
- Scary Skeletons Collection from Walt Disney’s Silly Symphonies, Skeleton Dance (Crew Neck, Hooded Sweatshirt, and Zip-up Jacket).
After the return of the traditional Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in 2022, it doesn’t surprise us that it’s back again in 2023. At this point, I wouldn’t expect it to ever go away again unless they come up with something even bigger to replace it with some time in the future.
All of the fan-favorite entertainment options are back and there isn’t really too much new to cover.
The one thing we did notice was the ticket prices staying “the same” even if they aren’t really the same. Yes, the overall range is the same in 2023 as it was in 2022 and it stays from $109 to $199. However, a closer look at the individual prices reveals the truth.
A lot of the nights are priced higher than last year, even though the absolute lows and highs stayed the same. The average ticket for the event in 2022 was $143, now in 2023 it’s $152 each. That’s an increase of about 5% on a per-night basis.
Even with higher prices, we don’t see this affecting attendance in the slightest. All of the dates in 2022 sold out, and we expect that to be the case in 2023, barring something catastrophic. With the extreme popularity of the event, we fully expect it to sell out every night, even with the higher prices.
At this time we still don’t have the dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for 2023. However, since Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is back to stay, we can expect the dates and prices to be released for the Christmas party at the Magic Kingdom soon.
More special events are taking place around Walt Disney World this year including the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, and the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival are taking place this year, as well as the H20 Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon.
Stay tuned for more info on all these Disney World Special events and we’ll update you on any more cancellations as they happen.
If you are going to Disney World soon, make sure to read our Disney World Planning Guide for all the tips and info you will need to cover everything! Also, check out our Disney World Crowd Calendar so you know when the best time to visit is!
Ready to Start Planning Your Disney Vacation?
If you feel overwhelmed planning a Disney vacation, use an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner such as Show You the World Travel. They are experts on every Disney location and can tell you where to stay, what to do, how to save money, and give you personalized service for your most magical vacation ever!
I want to know what you think about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom…
- Are you planning on going?
- What would you like to see added to this event?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂