The Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot’s The Seas has always been a restaurant that’s fascinated me. I mean where else can you go to enjoy a meal while sitting inside the largest saltwater environment even built, while watching over 4,000 sea creatures swim by including sharks, sea turtles, sting rays and 85 species of tropical fish? Not many places. At the same time the food has for the most part been underwhelming. That might be changing with some Coral Reef new menu items that Chef Keith Schockling has just added.
First up are some amazing sounding Appetizers:
- Charbroiled Octopus with with nori sushi rice, sesame slaw and a soy reduction
- Lump crab cake with watercress-citrus salad and a classic remoulade
- Seafood Salad with Gulf Shrimp and mahi mahi in a citrus marinade with a little kick from serrano peppers, a little sweetness from mango sorbet and crisp plantain chip (pictured at top of the page)
- Seasonal House Salad – for summer it’s mixed greens, raspberry vinaigrette, fresh berries, feta cheese and sunflower brittle.
- (Don’t worry Coral Reef fans, the Lobster Bisque, which has been there since the restaurant opened, remains on the menu).
Entrees include something for land and sea lovers each:
- Tuna bowl with spice-crusted tuna, rice noodles, charred bok choy, crisp shiitakes, pickled vegetables and broth(Tofu can be substituted for Tuna if you prefer)
- Bone-in roasted Pork Chop with potatoes, creamy pimento cheese, braised greens and a honey-barbecue vinaigrette.
Last but not least, Dessert:
- Rich Citrus Bread Pudding with whiskey sauce, candied pecans and salted caramel gelato.
I’m looking forward to trying out some of these new items as it’s certainly time for a bit of a menu shake-up over at Coral Reef. I’ll let you know what I find!
For reservations, visit the Coral Reef Official Website or call 407-WDW-DINE.
I want to know what you think about the Coral Reef new menu items. Which ones appeal to you the most? What’s your favorite current item on the Coral Reef Menu? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to Walt Disney World, and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂