Quite possibly the most popular location in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge since opening has been Oga’s Cantina and Disney has now modified the reservation system to normal online advanced dining reservations made through the Disneyland app.
Previously guests had to go to a different website to complete the reservation, but now everything is handled though the Disneyland app or the Disneyland website just like they would any other Disneyland restaurant.
How it works:
Due to limited space and high demand, reservations are required to enter Oga’s Cantina. There are a few things to keep in mind though while making your reservations:
- Reservations can be made online through Disneyland.com or through the Disneyland mobile app.
- Reservations can be made 14 days in advance (soon 60 Days in advance). That means you can’t book Oga’s Cantina 2 months out from your visit yet, but you can only make reservations for 2 weeks ahead of time. New reservations are released daily beginning at 7:00 AM Pacific Time.
- A valid, accepted credit card number is required at the time of booking. A fee of $10 per person will be charged to the credit card if you cancel or fail to check in for your reservation.
- At least one person in the party must be 14 years of age or older.
- Reservations are nontransferable and may not be sold or bartered.
- Guests should check in no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their reservation time with the Cast Member at the end of the queue at Oga’s Cantina inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- If you enter Galaxy’s Edge using the virtual queuing system you can enter the land up to one hour earlier than your reservation time for Oga’s Cantina at the Fantasyland entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Each person in your party must be present upon check-in and for admission to the land and the cantina. Please be prepared to present your reservation confirmation, photo ID and the credit card provided at the time of booking.
If you cancel or fail to check in for your reservation, the credit card provided at the time of booking the reservation will be charged $10 per person.
So just why exactly is Disney changing the reservation system for Oga’s Cantina to this new system? Most likely this was the plan the whole time it was just that the infrastructure wasn’t in place at the time of opening and now Disney has switched to it’s standard reservation system like all the other restaurants.
Some think that it means people are getting tired of Oga’s Cantina and it’s another bad sign due to the low crowds in Galaxy’s Edge thus far. I don’t think that’s the case at all and I believe it was Disney’s intention all along to make the reservations this way. Plus I’ve barely ever seen an empty seat in the place so I don’t think we have to worry about it’s popularity any time soon.
No word yet if this is the way Oga’s Cantina will handle reservations in Hollywood Studios when it opens, so we’ll have to keep an eye out on that to find out when it opens.
Stay here at Ziggy Knows Disney for more updates with everything Galaxy’s Edge…
I want to know what you think about the reservation changes to Oga’s Cantina…
- Have you been yet?
- What do you think of the reservation system?
Let us know in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, as always I appreciate it if you’d share it with others via social media. I work hard at making this website into a useful resource for you and your family to plan your visit to the Disney Parks and I hope it can help you! Thanks 🙂